International Engineering Ambassadors
Insight into the life & course of international students.

Saturday 3 March 2018

Meet our IEA - Reyane Sabrina


Hi, or should I say Marhaba! My name is Sabrina. I come from Algeria (North Africa, next to Morocco).
I am in my first year studying for a BEng in Chemical Engineering. Which does not mean I will automatically end up in the oil and gas industry, which a lot of people assume. The course opens doors to many other fields in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or food.
Back in my country, it is not common to study abroad, especially for an undergraduate student. However, I decided to make a change in people's mindset and would like to encourage more young people to experience this once in a lifetime adventure.
I would often daydream about studying abroad, becoming independent and making friends from all over the world. At the University of Sheffield my dream has come true!!
The University of Sheffield is one of the top 100 universities worldwide. The course is highly ranked as well and surprisingly, the lecturers are very friendly and approachable. Hearing a lecturer saying, " you did well, I am proud of you!" at the end of the term, was very motivating and made me feel like I am a part of a real family the ‘CBE Family’.

Secondly, as a human, I have other interests apart from engineering. I like politics, poetry, languages and many other things. The students Union has allowed me to discover most of these areas through so called ‘Give it a Go’ sessions.  I have tried sports that I never played before such as cricket, I got involved in a Model United Nations where we debate real world issues and find resolutions together. I have met people from different courses and backgrounds and have consequently developed a wider cultural awareness.

Finally, let me tell you about the city of Sheffield in general. I come from a small city myself, so I did not want to get lost in a big metropolitan city. However, I did not want to live in a small boring city and Sheffield has fulfilled my need! It is a small green city, but also very modern with its buildings and growing businesses. It also has a historical part which I like I lot. I just felt like home and the people here are so welcoming.
I have found the perfect combination to complete my studies successfully but also to make the most of my time at university and in the UK. I hope to see you soon in Sheffield!

4 comments:

  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. civil engineering lecture videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.Diploma Course in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aorta digital services provide the best Salesforce training in Chennai that will help you to gain expertise in managing apps of CRM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Python Web Development Tutorial

    ReplyDelete