International Engineering Ambassadors
Insight into the life & course of international students.

Saturday 17 February 2018

Meet our IEA - Andrei Ciobanu


Hello everybody, my name is Andrei Cosmin Ciobanu and I am originally from Romania.  I am currently in my second year of studies at the University of Sheffield, Department of Automatic Control & Systems Engineering.  Actually, it is the only department in the UK and one of the best in the world dedicated to Control & Systems Engineering.  Standing at the border between Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, my degree provides some of the most exciting career perspectives.  Moreover, being in a constant development, it provides some of the best future technologies in a wide range of industries: Automotive, Electronics, Artificial Intelligence.  In my opinion, having the opportunity to contribute to its growth would represent an extraordinary experience for any present or future engineer!
What truly fascinated me about this area was the creativity and the rational way of thinking involved. Over the years, while developing a thorough understanding about the subject, I have set a resolute target: to build a rewarding career and become a great Systems Engineer.  As I describe myself as a very competitive person, during high-school I have participated in many national engineering contests obtaining praiseworthy results, which reinforced my enthusiasm and motivation to have a profound approach on these subjects.
Regarding my university life, I still remember that awkward feeling that I got in my very first day here in Sheffield. Even though it was the first experience far away from home, like many others, I quickly adapted. Surprisingly, I met a lot of kind people and I have made great new friends in a very short period of time which was amazing. In my opinion, Sheffield is the right place to live during your studies. Even though it is a quiet and peaceful city, it provides all the facilities you need. So far, this is the best experience of my life and I am really grateful for this opportunity that had been offered to me.
I am the social officer within the Romanian Society, so I am responsible for organizing parties and many other recreational activities! Regardless of the problems that may occur during the semester or approaching deadlines, we inevitably forget about all of these and really have fun when we get together. Actually, one of the most intense experience of my life was participating in the International Cultural Evening last year. We successfully performed a traditional Romanian dance, obtaining the 3rd prize! Even though the rehearsals were really intense, I definitely enjoyed it as I got the chance to know all the others much better!

1 comment:

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Mold Inspection Glenolden

    ReplyDelete